*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Read my disclosure for more info.
There has been some controversy about diet relationship with acne. Though diet is not the direct cause of acne, but diet contributes in acne causes as well as acne’s treatment. Hence, diet plays an important role in both treatment and prevention of acne in young adults and older adults.
Having a balanced anti-acne diet definitely can help to get rid of acne. There have been acne myths going on saying about chocolates and French fries would trigger acne which is not true. However, though chocolates itself does not cause acne, the high sugar level in chocolates can trigger acne eruption.
A Balanced Diet is More Important Than a Healthy Diet to Cure Acne
My opinion is that a balanced no-acne diet plays a crucial factor in acne’s prevention, even more important than over the counters product used for acne’s prevention.
A picture paints a thousand words, I shall present to you the pyramid of acne cure diet, it can only be found exclusively on our website. Allow me to present to you . One key thing I have to say before I start explaining about this acne-free pyramid.
Why is it so? I shall reveal the shocking truth, some of the most recommended food for a normal health pyramid like dairy products and cereals are some of the prime culprits for causing your acne.
Whereas for some of the most recommend food to get rid of acne like zinc and vitamins, the amount of intake also must be limit as excessive zinc and vitamins would become toxin in your body. Therefore we can conclude that a balanced diet is more important than a healthy diet for an acne treatment (don’t you think so).
- Back to the pyramid, zinc has been known for its magical effects to cure acne. Some self-proclaimed experts even compare zinc effectiveness to tetracycline (a topical antibiotic for acne medication).
- Water and chromium both are one of the best available natural treatments for acne. Water helps to clear all the toxins in your body and chromium helps to control the production of insulin, which can cause hormonal imbalance and eventually cause acne.
- Vitamin E aids in wounds’ healing which makes acne recovery faster and selenium helps absorption of vitamin E better.
- Vitamin A assists the recovery process; Vitamin B5 controls your body’s stress hormones and Vitamin B6 enhance body’s functioning ability.
Statements like “oily foods cause acne” are considered as myth by scientists as they have not been able to establish any connection between certain diet groups and acne. However, they do concede that a healthy acne-free diet is crucial for healthy skin.
The Relationship of Diet And Acne
Most people who suffer from acne are ignorant to the fact that diets directly affect the way one’s skin looks and feels. Incredible isn’t it?
But its true, what you consume on a daily basis can be either great for your skin and body or can result in those annoying face blemishes!
Would you say that you have bad skin? I mean when you glance in the mirror, do you see tons of irksome zits staring back at you?
This can be a spirit-crusher to say the least. The last thing anyone wants to grapple with is acne. Unfortunately a lot of this is hereditary…
Therefore if you have it in your genetic code, then the odds are stacked against you. Fortunately there are effective ways to assess this affliction and rid your mug of nasty pimples. You just have to know about it. Let’s start with what you consume on a daily basis.
Whether you want to believe it or not, your daily diet has an effect on your complexion. Take someone who eats lots of garbage on a regular basis. Now, by garbage I mean junk food; not literal trash.
Foods That Cause Acne
Fast food, soft drinks, candy and sodium have a negative effect on your complexion. This is the opposite of anti-acne diet. This would fall into the acne-causing diets realm. Ideally you should focus on eating is lean protein such as poultry and fish, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and oodles of water. The truth is that most folks definitely do not suffice the water category.
They’re drinking far too much coffee and soda. Coffee is loaded with toxins that aren’t good for your skin, and soda pollutes your body with massive amounts of sugar. Did you know that some of what you consume excretes back out through your pores?
Imagine all that fast food, fat and sugar coming back out. I suggest that you try this full-on for one solid week. I am sure your complexion will improve some level. It will be noticeable. Additionally to proper diets, you want to be sure you’re taking proper care of your skin as well. This means a gentle facial cleanser.
A great one that can be purchased at any drug store is Purpose. It will cost you about five bucks and last for months. Never wash your face with bar soaps that are meant for the body. This will promote drying and will irritate the skin. You may also want to see a dermatologist about getting a topical acne product such as Differin.
Diet To Prevent Acne
Prevention is better than cure. A combination of simple diet and proper acne treatment can be very effective in preventing acne.
You should avoid fats, caffeine and antibiotics in your diet because fats increase sebum production which will cause acne. Caffeine would increase the stress hormones in your body which will cause hormonal imbalance.
- Antibiotic that doesn’t kill bacteria that cause acne is also harmful because they kill the “good” bacteria in our body which helps in digestion and rid the toxins in our body.
- Avoid taking too much dairy products and iodine as they also contribute significantly to the causes of acne. Yes dairy product is a recommended health product, but dairy product is a black listed product for acne.
- If you don’t intend to cut down on your dairy product and iodine intake, than should seriously consider cutting down on your refined carbohydrate. Refined carbohydrates can be as harmful as sugar in causing acne.
- Foods containing saturated fat including meat, dairy (full cream milk and related products) and poultry products must to be avoided as they add to the oily skin.
- Excessive sugar intake in the form of chocolates, sweets, soft drinks can worsen acne. Sugar is truly a must if you really want to put an end to your acne nightmare. A high calorie diet can also result in an increased hormone level and ‘break-outs’ but it has not been proven scientifically.
- It is important to cut down on processed food, fried food, beverages, junk food or completely replace it with a simple and natural diet to reduce mucoid plaque in the body. A large number of bacteria breed in these pockets, utilizes sugar from the food and releases chemicals causing skin problems.
Diet To Help Acne
Some nutrients need to be included in everyday diet to maintain a healthy body and skin. A higher intake of protein in believed to check the production of certain enzymes that support excessive oil production and clogging of skin pores.
Fish oil contains omega 3 fats which help to cure acne. Vitamins and minerals also play a significant role in maintaining healthy skin. Some essential ones are listed below –
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A or retinol or beta-carotene is found in fish oils, livers, dairy products, yellow/orange fruits, vegetables like carrot, yams, apricots, cantaloupe, parsley, kale, and spinach. However, if retinol is taken in higher amounts it can be toxic.
- Vitamin B-2 – Stress often increases acne formation. Vitamin B-2 is effective in reducing stress. Sources of vitamin B-2 include whole grain, fish, milk, eggs, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E functions as anti-oxidant, nullifying effects of free radicals produced as by-products during body metabolism. Rich sources of vitamin E include almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, broccoli and vegetable oils.
- Zinc – Zinc is another anti-oxidant effective in boosting the performance of immune system, improving the overall quality of skin. Sources include eggs, whole grains and mushrooms.
Everyone’s skin type is unique therefore it is important to identify the triggers that cause flare-ups in one’s skin. Drinking lot of water and maintaining a healthy diet can be helpful in curing bad skin.
It’s high time to start taking care of your skin with proper diets and skin care. So if you want to start looking and feeling better about yourself stop wasting loads of cash on fly by night miracle acne dissolvers.
Look towards diets that are beneficial to your skin and body. Simply investigate the food elements that have a negative effect on your skin and cut them out! If you have further inquiries regarding acne cure diet, all you need handy is your personal computer. Any questions you may have can probably be answered online.