*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Read my disclosure for more info.
With a comprehensive acne skin care routine, getting your skin eruptions under control is absolutely feasible. Using all of our information as well as avoiding touching your face with your hands, not squeezing blemishes and using effective acne cleansers and acne skin care products, you should have a successful skin care for acne program.
Skin Care Regimen for Acne
- The first step toward good acne prone skin care is to keep the skin clean and free from any harsh substances which will further inflame the area. Makeup, moisturizers, creams and cleansers that are not gentle and have ingredients that do not promote healthy skin should not be used.
- Use sunscreen so that the sun does not further damage your skin.
- Cleansing of your skin is of the utmost importance. Washing with a soft cloth using a gentle soap or acne skin cleaner or cleanser should be done at least 2 times a day.
- If your skin is oily then use a product which is formulated specifically for your skin type. Part of an excellent care program is always being aware of the exact products to use for your skin type. Many times, use of an astringent can be used with oily skin. But use with caution. Astringents can dry out your skin beyond what is healthy and/or your skin can become irritated and cause more inflammation. When using this kind of product, follow the instructions on the package exactly.
- Don’t forget to take care of your hair. Any locks that fall on your face or neck can cause further breakouts. If your hair is oily, be sure and wash it daily.
- Sunshine is very healthy. But lying in the sun for hours will not help your acne or your health. Daily sitting or lying in the sun for 15 to 20 minute intervals will help to dry your skin and your blemishes. Any longer than that and you risk skin damage and even skin cancer. Use a sunscreen whenever outdoors, especially between the hours of 10 A.M. and 2 P.M.
- Don’t forget to check the chemicals which are in your makeup. Actually, during a major flare-up, ceasing to use any makeup at all is the best thing you can do to treat acne. If that’s impossible, then investigate the products which are best for acne with the least harmful chemicals.
Best Products for Acne Prone Skin
Many people have a specific acne product which they trust and believe in. Perhaps you’ve used it for years and you’ve had some good results. Or maybe the only product you’ve had access to is the one you are used to. Many times, skincare products are cost prohibitive so you just use what you can afford and are used to.
But what tends to happen after prolonged use, even the best product or acne cream no longer gives the result for your skin that they did previously. But there are a couple of products or which will keep working after others have stopped.
Some Ingredients in Best Acne Products
Some people suffer from acne and acne related problems throughout their life, while others hardly ever face such problem. This is because, each of us has different skin types and we differ in how we spend our life and what we eat regularly.
Depending on the skin type and the level of acne problem, there are different acne products available in the market. The best products for oily skin is one which has extremely low amount of peroxide and the following ingredient as:
- Salicylic acid
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Tea tree oil
- Witch hazel
- Aloe Vera
Another key element to remember is to avoid products with hydrogen peroxide. It is extremely harmful for oily skin. It is also present in most renowned and best acne fighting products in the market. Peroxide assists to dry skin and prevent the occurrence of pimples through shedding of dead skins.
However, in extreme amounts hydrogen peroxide aggravate the situation. Its use is recommended only twice a day. It is also advised to wash your face properly after you apply the products containing this ingredient. 2.5% peroxide is best for use, but some products have more than the required dosage of peroxide, which turn harmful for the subject.
Other key but essential ingredients in acne treatment products include Salicylic acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Tea tree oil and Witch Hazel.
It is popular over-the-counter acne treatment ingredient for most manufacturers. It dries the top layer of the skin and sheds off the dead skin which often blocks the pores of the skin and cause inflammation. Thus it prevents whiteheads and blackheads. Salicylic acid is known as the most effective treatment ingredient in the acne products. In case of sensitive skin an effective moisturizer acts as the necessary product to counteract the drying effects of the salicylic acid.
Another popular name in the ingredients among the best acne treatment products is benzoyl peroxide. This product acts on the infection. The bacterium, P. acnes which cause the infection and aggravate the inflammation of the skin, is normally present on the skin surface as a body’s natural defense against other bacteria. However, when the oil, dirt and grime block the pores, it acts on the oil and it alters it chemical composition, thus causing infection. To stop its growth and prevent the situation, benzoyl peroxide is present in most lotions as well as face washes which are used for curing acne. In case you have a sensitive skin prone to rashes then it is best to use a product containing about 2.5% to 5% benzoyl peroxide. Anything higher than this recommended amount may cause skin irritation.
Tea Tree Oil & Witch Hazel
These are two natural ingredient used within the acne products available in the market. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and it acts on the infection without drying out the skin. You can purchase both tea tree oil and witch hazel in natural pure form from the market. In fact, most people prefer buying the ingredients in its natural form as it is more effective as a natural inflammatory substance.
Exposed Acne Treatment
This acne product begins with their Renewing Acne Cleanser and Repairing Lotion. Salicylic Acid penetrates the skin and into your pores. After that happens, a built in antibacterial substance cleans even deeper into the pore. This process is so effective that they claim that 95% of their patients have remarkable results.
But what really is Salicylic Acid? I’m sure in many skin care commercials you’ve heard the words alpha hydroxy acid which is used in women’s skin care lines. Salicylic Acid is a hydroxyl acid similar to the alpha hydroxyl acid but is better suited for use against acne. It is excellent for cleaning pores through exfoliating where you then rinse away dead skin cells and bacteria when you really need an acne product that works.
Many products are very helpful but they are irritating to your skin. Some products feel wonderful when applied, but end up making your skin red and more inflamed and irritated than when you began. Salicylic Acid is well known for being a very effective acne product that is gentle to the already inflamed and irritated acne skin. Working alongside Triclosan, another effective anti-acne treatment, this regimen becomes an all out assault against acne and the properties which cause it.
The problem many times with acne skin treatment products is that they just don’t work or they don’t do what they profess to do. How many times have you bought a product, used it and didn’t get the results they claimed you would get? Or some are effective for a few days and then the flare-ups begin again. Exposed Skincare Acne Control is a very effective acne solution which not only acts quickly, but keeps outbreaks and flare-ups under control.
Keep you skin healthy by choosing the right ingredient appropriate for your skin type and your condition. In case you are doubtful about the same, you can consult the doctor to know your skin type and the right product for your skin.