Acne is a condition that affects mostly parts of our body that are the most exposed like face, neck, chest and back. Possible cause acne are hormonal imbalance, inappropriate medication, poor diet. Acne treatment is not quick, it may take several weeks or months in some cases until the results appear. But the truth is that more than 90% of the cases find their cure, even the more severe ones.
The most important factor that produces acne is the secretion of androgens (male hormones) secreted also by the women, at the age of puberty. The problem with these hormones is that they stimulate the oil glands located in the skin to produce more oil than necessary. The actual development of a pimple begins in a blocked pore where the excessive oil can not reach the surface of the skin and it begins to inflame.
Advices to cure acne?
- It’s important that your face stays clean all the time; the face should be washed twice a day with a product containing Echinacea or tea tree oil; be careful not to use regular soap known for irritating sensitive skin. After using the special soap you must rinse many times with warm water; it’s recommended to use purified water.
- Be very careful about what type of cosmetics you use; first of all they don’t have to be oily, second, there are a few substances that people with sensitive skin must avoid: socetyl stearate, isopropyl isostearate, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, and sodium chloride.
- People with dry skin must pay more attention than others; they have to make sure that every product they use to clean and treat their faces must be especially designed for dry skin.
- The astringent cleansers are designed to remove the excessive oil that could get blocked inside the pores and develop pimples. These products must be used only on problem areas because they could cause dryness, itching, and redness.
- Aloe Vera is also a very effective natural acne remedy; don’t hesitate if you find a product based on this plant because is very benefic for the skin, it’s a natural healer.
- Other herbal acne remedy: herbs like chamomile, lavender, juniper, bergamot, dandelion root, and burdock root can be used to reduce toxicity and improve the general condition of the skin.
- Echinace and poke root are often used as anti-inflammatory and red clover may also be beneficial.
- Witch hazel is an excellent astringent and very effective when it comes to acne treatment.
Natural Herbal Tips to Treat Acne
Here are a few natural herbal tips to get rid of acne.
- Mix ground ginger with milk and apply to the affected zone.
- Make a combination of honey and fresh cinnamon and apply to the affected area during the night. When you wake up wash this mixture with warm water. Continue for as long as it takes.
- This is a very unpleasant method to get acne away from the skin but it has proven its efficiency and people steel use it: rub fresh garlic on acne at frequent intervals. Rub fresh mint juice over acne.
- It’s a very common method to drink wheat grass juice to prevent and cure acne.
Other acne solutions:
They say that stagnant of Chi in the channels of the face are the cause of acne. Acupuncture performed on those points precisely can remove acne after a few sessions. Homeopathy is indicated to patients with pustules and blind boils, mostly on the face, neck, and back. Selenium is frequently used for acne affected people with oily skin, pustules and blackheads.
Conventional acne medications may be applied directly to the skin or they may be taken internally. Medications are based on benzoyl peroxide, retinoic acid, steroids, antibiotics, oral contraceptives, and isotretinoin (Accutane).
In severe cases acne where cysts form and scars have developed, doctors have injected steroids directly into the cyst and resolved the cysts and diminished the appearance of acne scars.