Just like shoes, purses are another thing that women can never get enough of. Purses for spring, for summer, for fall, for winter. Purses for special occasions, for shopping, for running, the list is endless, and you can go broke buying all these purses, if you are not careful. Getting beautiful purses at a great price can be challenging, if you don’t know where to look.
Personally, I buy my purses online. I find that the selection is better and I can always shop around to see who has the best price on the purse I want. You have to be careful, though.
Last month I bought a really cute purse online for $20 (I should have known something was up with it being so inexpensive) and when it arrived it was so small I could not even fit my wallet in it.
I was severely disappointed, but it was my own fault for not checking the dimensions more carefully before ordering it. Below I have outlined a few rules you need to follow when ordering purses online.
A Few Things to Consider Before You Buy a Purse Online
- Check the measurements. Make sure the bag isn’t too big or too small for what you need to carry.
- Double check what it is made of. If you don’t, you may end up with plastic when you were expecting leather.
- Take a look at where it was made, if that is important to you. Many less expensive purses are made in China or Taiwan. If it was made there, chances are it will be cheaply made.
- Make sure it is not a knock off copy of a famous designer (which is illegal). How can you tell, you ask? Well, you will not get an original Coach for $50, so price is your first clue. After that, the place of manufacture is another thing you can check. Usually if it is authentic if the site will make a special effort to say it. (usually over and over)
- Last of all, don’t be afraid to return it, if you don’t like it, or don’t get what you expected. It may be a hassle, but it is necessary, and I think it helps keep the website more honest in their descriptions.
Awesome Cheap Shoulder Bags under 20 Dollars
Tips to Buy a New Handbag
If you are a woman, chances are your handbag or purse is your lifeline. You tend to keep everything in your purse, from your makeup kit, wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, camera and sometimes even a slim laptop.
You never leave home without your handbag and is an essential item wherever you go, be it for work or for a formal occasion. Hence, when it is time to buy a new handbag, there are so many things to consider to suit your preferences and requirements. It can be very difficult to make a decision and with so many designs to choose from, it is even harder.
Type of Handbag
One of the first things that you must consider when buying a new handbag is the type of handbag that you require. These days, your choices are plentiful and each purse or handbags are designed for certain situations.
- You might be searching for something small, like a clutch. A clutch is normally used for formal occasions or some place fancy where you need only bring along certain essential items like your id, cell phone, lip gloss and your business card. The design and color of the clutch must also suit your outfit that you will be wearing to these occasions. You do not want to carry a clutch that will distract from your outfit.
- If you are searching for something that can be used daily, you might want a larger handbag or purse. With more room, you can put more items in them from your cell phone, makeup kit, wallet, organizer and a few other essential items that you normally carry around with you.
- The third type of handbag that you might want to purchase is an oversized handbag. These larger handbags can fit almost anything even a portable notebook or folder. Larger handbags are useful for travelling purposes especially if you are travelling by air. Airplanes normally allow passengers to bring on board one carry bag plus a purse. Hence, if you have an oversized handbag, you will have lots of extra room to bring more items on board.
Colors of Handbags
With so many designs and colors to choose from these days, you do not need to opt for designer handbags to find a great handbag unless of course money is not an issue for you. You will be able to find that unique color clutch to suit your dress to complete your overall image.
If you like something bright and cheerful, try buying a bright color purse. It will definitely brighten up your mood and those around you. Bright purses also tend to make your handbag stand out when you take them out.
You could also opt for a more traditional color purse like brown or black, if you do not want to attract so much attention. Whatever your choice may be, choose a purse that you like and one that suits you and the occasion.